Simple Trick: Iron-Disaster-Proofing


Many of my clothes have been ruined by ironing disasters. Am not really sure if the problem is our iron, our helper or the fabrics of the clothes I buy. The disasters have ranged from some shiny portions on a pair of slacks to tops that burned right through.

To avoid such heartbreaking disasters, I've learned to instruct our helper to iron our clothes inside-out. So even if the iron sticks to our clothes, it's the backside that gets tarnished. I've even had an instance when the underside of my collar got burned. To this day, I wear that buttondown shirt because no one ever sees the burn underneath that collar! It also serves as a reminder to our helper of what can happen if she forgets to iron our clothes inside-out.

Plus, I like the idea that the parts that touch our bodies are sterilized by the heat of our iron.

P.S. In case you're wondering, our helper isn't allowed to iron clothes in her underwear. :)

Photo from annnniegirl.

Click here for previous posts from the Simple Trick series.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts