Today, I am loving...


Summer is really over. The rainy season is here again. As you know from here, I've been unperturbed by the rain since I got my Plueys rainboots. I used to hate the rain for getting my feet (& shoes) wet & muddy. But now, with my Plueys, I feel invincible in the rain! I delight in the idea of being able to stomp in puddles if I wanted to. I don't think I've ever done that, but gone are the days of walking slowly and on tiptoe to keep the wet feet or shoes to a minimum. Now, I don't just live with the rain, I actually look forward to it. So today, I am loving... that it's the season of rainboots once again.

I've always been a lover of prints. So part of the happiness of wearing rainboots is the fun print accent that my Plueys give to my work outfit. But for a while now, I've been obsessing over these solid-colored Hunters.


I don't know if it's because I find the woman so attractive and so long & lean. I also really like the matte gray-green color and wouldn't mind it in a matte grayish navy color either. Plus, solid-colored Hunters might allow me to wear my rainboots all day at work (because I change out of my printed Plueys to my regular shoes when I get to my cubicle. The prints don't seem office-appropriate.). After all, I see a lot of foreign celebrities sporting Hunters even when it doesn't seem like it's raining - like one of the Olsen twins here.


And if the quirky Aquarian in me gets tired of solid Wellies, maybe I can draw on them with a Sharpie like Jo did (remember Jo's inky Starbucks cups here?).


Awesome, right? She tested it by standing in the bath to make sure the ink doesn't run. So it's really possible! :)

Print or no print -- today, I am loving... that it's the season of rainboots once again!

Photos from annnniegirl, acupofjo, here and here.

Click here for the down-in-the-dots version of this post - why despite the obsession above, I cannot buy another pair of rainboots. Click here for previous posts from the Today, I Am Loving... series.

Comments

Popular Posts