mother's day tradition


Where are you spending this Mother's Day?

For the past couple of years, we've been spending mine in Cafe 1771. I just love the whimsical interiors of the dining area that greets you as you walk in. So pretty!


We usually end up sitting in the relaxed study-looking area that's further in. It is much more laid-back than the old i-have-to-say-stuffier Chateau 1771 interiors.


But the thing I keep going back to Cafe 1771 for (and it has remained the same, albeit except for portion & price, since Chateau days) is their Tomato-Cheese Fondue. I loooove it. Isabella does too!


Noah calls it "stinky cheese" though.


Lunch at Cafe 1771 on Mother's Day. It's almost like tradition now. And I always end my Mother's Day lunch with my favorite Coffee Pie...


... which my mom took the trouble to buy for me on my birthday here. Because that's just how she is: my mom - the most generous, selfless, loving person I know. Happy Mother's Day Mommy!

What about you? Any Mother's Day traditions in your family? Where are you spending this Mother's Day?

Photos are my own of Mother's Day 2010 & from here, here, here and here.

Click here for my down-in-the-dots Mother's Day post.

Comments

  1. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Trisha Happy Mother's Day too! Hope you had a great day with Matteo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts