Color Obsession: lavender


Lavender has been catching my eye lately. It started when I saw this lavender stingray Anya Hindmarch Minaudiere here.


Then I saw this VW camper. Okay, maybe this Kombi is more periwinkle or thistle than lavender, but I guess I'm loving all sorts of soft purple!


Then, I bought a copy of InStyle's May 2012 issue...


And finally, this lavender Hermes...


... which introduced me to the lavender & brown combination. And got me thinking about other colors that can go with lavender. Check out this palette I made on Polyvore.


My picks, by color, are:
  • Lavender & Yellow - Kenneth Cole Yellow Circle Pendant and Kate Spade 'triple threat' faceted bangle
  • Lavender & Orange - Debenhams Statement Orange Stone Ring and Tory Burch logo pendant necklace
  • Lavender & Navy - Proenza Schouler Mini PS1 Pouch
  • Lavender & Brown - Mulberry braided leather belt, Fossil Brown Tone Dyed River Shell Stretch bracelet, Marc by Marc Jacobs Brown Wooden Bolt bangle and Cartier Ballon Bleu Brown Dial men's watch (I looove that this Ballon Bleu has a brown face!)
  • Lavender & Gray - Palazzo Bruciato Giorgia leather lace-up shoes (but I would have loved to pair this ensemble with silver Sergio Rossi brogues!)
  • Lavender & Nude - Michael Kors stretch-cotton broadcloth shorts
  • Lavender & Seafoam Green - Debenhams Mint Green Chunky Enamel bangle and Zara Pointed Ballerinas with Bow

Ooohh, I am still loving Spring's pastels!

Photos from baghag, pinkwallpaper, polyvore, here and here.

Click here for the down-in-the-dots version of this post. Click here for previous posts from the Color Obsession series.

Comments

Popular Posts