pretend play

You know how people can't resist capturing (on cam) an illusion at certain tourist spots? Like pretending to hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Or pretending to catch the water spewing out of the Merlion in Singapore. Or even just pretending to hold the Madhatter's giant teacup in Disneyland by its handle. I myself have a photo where I am "nose-to-nose" with one of the giant statues of a Hindu god in a Siem Reap temple. I guess people just never outgrow pretend-play.   


Imagine how fun it is for the people in Le 104 in Paris with this installation by illusionist Leandro Elrich called Batiment - which is French for building. A gigantic tilted mirror reflects the huge building facade laid out on the floor where people can pretend they are hanging from ledges or make like Spiderman and crawl up the 4-storey house.  


How fun is this?

Photos from blackeiffel and here.

Click here for a previous post on my Siem Reap trip.

Comments

  1. Nice post with usefull information! I hope you write more on this subject! I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. boo the dog The World's Cutest Dog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts