my favorite things


We recently watched the Sound of Music at the Newport Performing Arts Theater. And while My Favorite Things was sung in the abbey rather than Maria's bedroom (as in the movie), I got to thinking about my own favorite things -- the random, everyday things that never fail to put a smile on my face.

1 I loooove post-its - tiny ones, big lined ones and those with pretty patterns. 2 All Crayola products. Seriously. I'd love to have a wall of all their crayons. They've retired some colors and changed the names of some over the years and I'd love to have every crayon that was ever produced. 3 There's something about cable knit sweaters that I am attracted to. Everytime I go shopping out of the country, I am drawn to them and I always have to tell myself, "No wools this time. No wools." or I'll end up with sweaters I can never use in Manila. 4 Royal Milk Tea with small and big bubbles from Bubble Tea is my absolute favorite. 5 Polka-dot lining in wallets, bags and boxes are always a pleasant surprise! 6 I love horses. Just seeing thoroughbreds calms me. I grew up making pretend-horses out of side-tables, my teddy bear (for the head) and my mom's belts as reins. So I love seeing rocking horses nowadays. 7 Growing up, I had my brother as a playmate so dolls were never a play option. The toy we both loved was Lego. We created so many things out of our Lego bricks! I remember making dogs with a flat hole for a mouth that could fit those tiny smooth flat pieces which we pretended were doggie treats. 8 And of course, pretty scrapbook paper, notebooks and gift wrappers. I love that there are so many delightful prints and patterns out there.

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel... so bad.

What about you? What are your favorite things?

Photos from here, here, here, here, here, here, blondiensc and acupofjo. Layout by moi.

Comments

Popular Posts