turning japanese & other things asian




For some reason, this photo reminds me so much of Kung Fu Panda's dad's noodle place. :)And right now, as my kids laugh their heads off watching Kung Fu Panda 2, I decide to sneak in a post on some oriental online finds that made me smile.


These Christmas trimmings are quite old (see that "2009" cookie?) and I prefer to decorate our tree with trimmings with significance (see related post here). But if fortune cookies meant something to us, it would be nice to have these. Wouldn't it be cool if you could hide Christmas messages in them to open on Christmas day?


What about a fortune cookie coin purse? Hiding a few inspirational "fortune" messages in it would be good for days when you're down in the dumps dots (coincidentally, the title of my other blog here).


Or a Chinese takeout-paper-cup coin purse?  Maybe for emergency food-delivery money? Of course, you'll need to fill it up with paper money, not coins, to pay for any fastfood delivery order... Especially if you ordered salmon sushi & tuna makki with the usual side of wasabi, white radish and ginger...

This knitted sushi set made me smile. :)

Okay, back to watching Kung Fu Panda 2 with the kids!

Photos from lushlee and happythings.

Comments

Popular Posts