my pretend closet: j.crew maritime dress

This Maritime Dress from J.Crew's Spring Catalog makes a repeat appearance in their Midsummer Must-Haves. So I thought of trying to dress it up for the workweek and the weekend...

A Parisian look for the boardroom. Structure, leather and heels to make the summer dress office-appropriate. Relaxed but polished pieces for an elegant weekend.

Among my favorite pieces are the:
  • Reed Krakoff Wide Vermeil Cuff - Reed calls this rectangular hinged bangle "modern geometry". I never thought Math could be this stunning.
  • Jennifer Meyer's Initial Pendants - Katie Holmes has been spotted with a diamond disc pendant with an "S" for "Suri". It's so sweet for a mother to wear her kids' initials around her neck. They're $1,500 a piece so it's a good thing I only have 2 kids. Haha!
  • DVF Linen Wedges - Am in love with the sculptural heel, the dark wood of it against the linen straps!
  • Etch-A-Sketch iPad Case - I don't even have an iPad. But this fun case is actually making me consider buying one.
  • Reed Krakoff bags - I love the black nickel hardware of these bags, the mixed materials of the new Boxers and the gym bags in Techno Green or Peacock Blue.
  • Reed Krakoff Navigator Shades - "A strong design is balanced by the ethereal quality of translucent frames." This is how Reed describes these sunglasses. And in this ivory color? How can one resist that?
  • I also like the Michael Kors Knotted Belts and the Isharya Luna Drucy Agate Necklace.
My pretend-mall has the following shops (read: where the photos are from): J.Crew, Net-A-Porter, Reed Krakoff, thisnext, thefind and getahead.

What about you? What's in your pretend closet?

Comments

Popular Posts