Whimsical Wednesday!


For some reason, this photo reminds me of Tangled, Disney's 50th animated feature film. It's not just that the cascading train reminds me of Rapunzel's long hair. Or that the woman in the photo looks like she's in Rapunzel's tower. It's also because there's something so ethereal and romantic and whimsical about this photo that it reminds me of a fairytale like Rapunzel.

And isn't the middle of the workweek so apt for this Tangled song? After all, by Wednesday, it would be the usual morning - and afternoon - lineup at work, right?

7 AM, the usual morning lineup:
Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up
Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15.

And so I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery
I'll play guitar and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?

Then after lunch it's puzzles and darts and baking
Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making
Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb,
Sew a dress!

And I'll reread the books
If I have time to spare
I'll paint the walls some more,
I'm sure there's room somewhere.
And then I'll brush and brush,
and brush and brush my hair
Stuck in the same place I've always been.

And I'll keep wonderin' and wonderin'
And wonderin' and wonderin'
When will my life begin?


Hope your workday isn't as "full" as Rapunzel's! And in case you're feeling stuck like her, play this song. I absolutely looove the melody. Singing it in my head instantly makes me happy.


Doesn't it make your day light, happy and fanciful? Have a whimsical Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts