edges with an edge

It's all in the details... If I remember my Home Economics Sewing class correctly, the details I am loving in these pieces from various Resort 2012 collections are called "piping" or "bias". I know. When I put it that way, it loses the sophistication which I am actually attracted to in these pieces. Crude as they may be called, the basic sewing tool of a "bias tape" lends an elegant finish. Truly, they provide the edges - whether they be on a neckline, or the waistband or the opening of a coat - a sophisticated edge.

I personally love this floral Tory Burch dress, this Chanel cover-up and this long Reed Krakoff dress with a red cord-belt matching the "piping" at the neckline.
What about you? Are you biased to any of the bias-details here? :)

Photos from Vogue. Layouts by moi.

Comments

Popular Posts